Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Return of the Teeny Bopper

OK so lately been getting back into listening to the music I liked when I was 13.
The reason I find this slightly disturbing is that was my preppy, teeny bopper stage (yes I had one) back when I loved to be girly. Believe it or not folks I used to love to dress up in skirts and dresses and wear makeup. I also loved listening to NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, etc.
So why the nostalgic music I've been listening to lately? I dont know. Maybe Danica's first celebrity crush (God help me) on Justin Bieber has kinda made me want to reminisce about the days when I cared about things like that. Hell the days when I cared about anything. I wish sometimes I was the same person I was then. But too much has changed.

Oddly as I write this I think about stuff more. I realize that I still loved being girly back when I first met Ian. I think that all stopped after the rape. Funny enough the last time we tried to work on our marriage at the end of 2009, one of his complaints was me not dressing girly enough. I say this is funny because it's actually his fault I don't do that anymore. Hmm. Food for thought I guess.

So yeah I actually am enjoying keeping this blog lately. A place to write down all the random shit in my head. And yes I bounce from subject to subject rapidly. It's just who I am.

Until next time......

No comments: